ArtsConnection is created in the belief that every student deserves a well-rounded education that includes the arts.
ArtsConnection is committed to ensuring that nearly 4,000 students annually experience the arts as par of their basic education from kindergarten through 12th grade.
Learning in and through the arts enables teachers to reach and engage students with different needs and strengths by:
- Making the arts accessible to as broad an audience as possible in order to build a better society.
- Creating an educational environment where the arts can influence and shape numerous generations to come.
- Encouraging community-based arts programs that benefit youth in arts appreciation, participation, and preservation.
ArtsConnection’s goal is to foster intellectual, social, creative, and emotional growth for Temecula’s adults of tomorrow.
- Provide alternative entertainment options to Temecula’s youth that are rich in content and deep in purpose.
- Create curriculum-based programs that will enhance and educate students in alignment with the performances being offered at the Old Town Temecula Community Theater.
- Offer a variety of performing arts opportunities to K-12 students in the TVUSD including music, dance, and drama.
- Raise awareness and sustain interest in the performing arts among Temecula’s youth.
Free Performance Experiences
ArtsConnection provides free performance experiences in dance, music, and theater to students.
The programs give students in grades K-12 the opportunity to learn from and experience the work of the many exceptional professional artists performing at the Old Town Temecula Community Theater and other performance venues. These artists represent a wide range of artistic disciplines and genres.
Our programs are designed to connect to a variety of curricular, thematic, or cultural areas and can be targeted to reach specific grades or populations. Professional development for teachers and artists is also integral to all of our programs. Eventually, ArtsConnection will incorporate visual, literary, and media arts.
Creative Community Partnership
The Theater Foundation secures funding for the programs, acquires sponsorships to support ArtsEducate, finances artist performances, and coordinates the programming scheduling with the TVUSD.
The Temecula Unified School District establishes the curriculum to enhance the educational benefits for the programs, coordinates the scheduling of schools and grade-levels, and provides transportation to the Old Town Temecula Community Theater.
The City of Temecula provides the use of the Old Town Temecula Community Theater and its staff, assists in booking special performances, and provides the technical support for all performances at the Theater.
ArtsEducate Sponsorship Opportunities
ArtsEducate is supported in part by individual and corporate sponsorships that help to build and sustain specific arts programs, which complement the TVUSD’s curriculum and instruction.
Underwritten by philanthropic individuals, corporations, and organizations, ArtsEducate provides opportunities for students to learn through the arts while giving the sponsors valuable opportunities to be recognized for supporting the artistic and educational lives of the City's youth.
Your generous contribution will greatly benefit Temecula’s youth by inspiring, encouraging, and nurturing the next generation to appreciate the importance of the arts in everyone’s life.