Living La Vita – Paying Your Way
Financial Literacy Fundamentals
•Students will understand economics by applying a creative approach.
•Students will apply economic reasoning for life choices.
- Students will understand common economic terms and concepts.
◦Scarcity and Alternative
◦Choice and Opportunity Cost
- Students study the three (3) concepts either in class or on their own.
- After each module, students:
- Choose from the Financial Proverbs list those that most exemplify that particular financial concept.
- Find examples from their own lives of each financial concept
- Write a new proverb to reflect that financial concept.
- As a group, students come together to:
- Share their examples with each other.
- Share their personal proverbs.
- Pick a proverb, either from the Financial Proverb List or their own creations to create a PSA (public service announcement)
- Show students examples of Financial Literacy PSA’s (provided)
- Students prepare a 30 second to 1 minute video using their selected proverb to illustrate one of the economic concepts taught in the
lessons. Students may use their phone, video camera, digital camera or webcam. High-quality resolution is not required. Students may choose ONE of the following topics:
- Scarcity and Economics
- Choice and Opportunity Cost
- Human Capital
LESSONS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST: firstname.lastname@example.org
Outreach made available through the help of:
Bank of Hemet & Pacific Western Bank